01 November 2008

Paint spattered and still typing...

Today, I was off to a roaring start for NaNoWriMo, writing over 1300 words in just under an hour. If only tech weekend hadn't gotten in my way... Oh, well. I spent my day painting set pieces, moving curtains to mask the backstage, and hanging scenery for Stop Kiss. The ten hour tech was longer than I'm used to and I'm pretty sure we still had things to do; it was more a question of space and a lack of multi-person jobs that prompted Mark to start sending people home. Not asking any questions, I headed out the door once dismissed, letting the other ladies stay put for "girl's night." I'd like to go, but they're heading off to see The Promise, which I've seen before. Besides that, to drive all the way out there, see the show, get back to school, and then drive home, I'd be gone until far too late for my own tastes. The show opens on Tuesday and I must say, though I'll love seeing it on Saturday night, it's rather pleasant to not be involved for a change. I'm not in the play, or on the prop crew, light crew, run crew, board op, or anything of the like. Might make some cookies for the bake sale we're having during the run of the show, but I'm still metaphorically dragging my feet about it all...

I've been broadening my reading list...my online reading list, I mean, thanks to some blogs my mom pointed me towards. One in particular had quite a wicked kickoff to a ten week long series of giveaways. I just had to join in on the fun over at Sunshine and Lemonade!

More good news: on Facebook, I've recently gotten back in touch with my best friend from high school, a girl I haven't seen or spoken with since '95. It's so great to be talking to her again; she's one of the few readers I know that are as ravenous as I am; we used to spend our time together not talking. Instead, each of us would be curled on an end of the couch, noses buried in books. Sometimes, I truly do love the miracle of technology... It brought my best friend back to me!

Well, I'd continue this, but still have about 600 words to get into my novel before the day is out. Til tomorrow, then, I wish all my readers a shiny day!

3 comments:

lynette355 said...

Thanks for heading over to Sunshine and Lemonade. I think that is a Wicked good giveaway. Makes your feet dance and your heart skip a beat. Glad your taking time off of a production. Get some prospective of life again. Also you need the break. LOL I had to giggle. Your 21 and saying "that it is just too late for my taste". Your the oldest young person I know. WHAT DID I DO TO YOU?

Rhea said...

That's so wonderful you found an old friend through Facebook! Especially one who loves to read. I LOVe, LOVE, LOVE reading. I'd rather do that than almost anything.

Your mom's comment had me laughing. What did she do to you?! YOu sound like me though. I was always a tame teen/twenties kind of gal. Now I'm letting loose at 31...kind of.

Glad you heard about Kat's ten week giveaway! Isn't she awesome?!

Rhea said...

I forgot to add, way to go writing so much!! Great start to the month of writing! Woohoo! You're inspiring me to get my writing on now also.