17 March 2011

A day with Princess Emma

Today was spent with Princess Emma while the other parental units went to a doctors appointment. I'd just like to note how proud I am for my own ability to remain productive while entertaining a little girl. It really was a good day; of course, any day spent with Emma is good. how could it not be when I've got a Princess keeping me company?

Lately, Emma has been telling me all about her little red dragon, Ruby. This is the first imaginary friend she's come up with all by herself. It brought back my memories of my own imaginary friends. I'll admit, I was a little older and borrowed from stories I'd read. Falkor, the luckdragon from Michael Ende's The NeverEnding Story, was one of my favorites. Another was Little Bear from The Indian in the Cupboard. I'm so thrilled to see my sister using her imagination. She really has a knack for it.

2 comments:

lynette355 said...

wonder where she got that from? lol
Ruby is a great lil red dragon who will be able to grow right along with the Princess. After all, a Princess needs to have a bit of protection.

jenjo3d said...

Ruby even has her own place to sleep in Emma's bed so she doesn't get mushed. Sometimes when we are driving she will ask us to roll the window down so Ruby can practice her flying :)