11 March 2011

Vampires!!!

The first day of the Official Twilight Convention in Nashville was so much fun! This is the first event like this I have ever attended. I've already decided I'd love to do so again, maybe as a volunteer.

The convention hosts, Hillary and Hannah Hindi of The Hillywood Show, were gracious and very welcoming. Leah Gibson, who plays Nettie in Eclipse, was graceful and a true lady. Very sweet! She had one question and answer session today and is scheduled for another one tomorrow. I found her to be very down to earth and very real.

Nikki Reed, who plays Rosalie Hale, is just inspiring. She quit smoking two years ago in effort to become a better role model and take better care of herself. She admitted in Q&A that these choices changed her relationships with a few fellow cast members. Boy, do I know how that feels! I never thought something so simple as a Twilight convention could bring me to so many realizations about myself.

I've noticed that everyone eventually finds a group of friends, like minded individuals they spend most of their time with. I can't help but feel that I'm still looking for my group. I know I'll find it someday.

Fan-girl moment: in her Q&A session, Nikki Reed answered a question I had submitted. I asked for advice she might give a student actor. She was honest about it, with the first words out of her mouth. "Run. Run far away very quickly." She then went on to talk about what an inconsistent business it is, with no guarantee of a paying job from day to day unless you luck out and hit it big-and even then it doesn't last forever. Of course, as she continued, she spoke of passion; doing what you love and loving what you do. It was so amazing to get such clear cut advice from someone who is actually working professionally in my field of interest.

Nikki & Leah, you are both beautiful, talented women!

1 comment:

lynette355 said...

Your right you will find your group one day....and it will be with women just like you met today. Think of it..I have two true friends...and once you find them you will have them for life!